Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A School of Fish

As the days go by, my addiction about canned sardines grows and grows countless number of times, now you may already know that, and you may also go YUCK!...who cares? nothing more nutritious than fish I think.

It started back in March of last year, hungry, nothing ready to eat noting that I favor canned food from my childhood. I went up to the storage room, picked up a can of Moroccan style sardines, clunked it open with a possibility of my index finger getting scratched and bleeding, poured it in on a plate and there you go, yummy yummy!

Although smelly when opened, it doesn't have that odor that sticks to you and your clothes, unlike the fish you buy from the market and cook yourself, some might be very spicy containing a small piece of chili pepper inside of it...that changes the color of the soy oil into red sometimes.

I tried many brands from many countries, the most common being Morocco ofcourse, Philippines, The UK, and French... I must say the best from my experience in sardines was the Filipino way...these guys are fantastic in cooking seafood, not only them but far Asia as a whole. French comes in 2nd place, very clean, no smell at all, comes in a variety of flavors (tomatoe sauce, spiced, soy sauce, sunflower oil, etc.), Moroccan and British sardines are the same...no major difference, both cooked in vegetable oil.

I currently have 7 cans of sardines in the kitchen stacked above one another, my average serving size is a can per day...this has actually been going on since January, god bless my mom for buying me this ridiculous number of cans a week, though one reason I love sardines is because it is ready to be eaten straight out of the can...and I am the type of guy who gets lazy preparing a sandwich or cooking something even if I am starving to death.

It doesn't actually matter, I sometimes have it as a breakfast, Lunch, or dinner, but most usually dinner...but you should remember the fact that whatever happens...don't induce 2 cans of sardines at once...it will leave you bolted for at least 2 months not eating seafood.

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment