Monday, May 4, 2009

Axing an Accountant

After 2 months of struggling with a South African accountant, We (his students) decided to ax him by writing (in the form of an article to be delivered to the dean) all the crude treatments and piss-offs we received from him.

First of all, I don't know how you are supposed to get scared of expressing your true raw idea about your mentor, like if you did really say the truth that he is bad, he is gonna know and disqualify you (the mentality of chickens) as if their is no system in the college and the professor has the free will to do whatever he wants (go get a life newbie chickens). So out of about 35 students, I compiled of what seems to be like 14 until now and interviewed them for the sake of getting some notes on this professor and why he needs to get axed, and the results were astonishing, even I myself had a good weapon to point at him and that was something he didn't become aware of.

So we had a midterm today, and I am not ranting about, it was stupid long, but anyway, this isn't what I will talk about here, it's the unforgivable mistake that he did with me and my colleague. After handing out the question papers, which then followed by handing out 2 answer sheets, I realized something fishy just then...when I looked at the student next to me, I noticed that he had 4 papers and I had 2 only, that also has happened with a friend of mine when given 3 papers instead of 4. However, there were 2 ways to notice, either by spending most of your time solving the 2 answer sheets I was given that would take 1/3 of the exam's time... or by trying to cheat from your classmate to notice that he had 4 and my friend had 3, which ended in him not realizing until coming up to the last question that needed the 4th sheet (that was 15 minutes before the end of the exam, the exam was 1.5 hours), that means the time was insufficient which literally made his day for walking out mental to strongly recommend the petition to be written and signed.

We were advised by the dean to write the petition and hand it out to him on one condition for him to not show our names to the doctor in case he didn't get dismissed, and so the list goes on for his awful deeds of 7 more points other than the one listed on top. (unfairly disqualifying people, coming late to class then blaming other people on coming 5 minutes late after him as if he wasn't late himself, inability to summarize or write explanations on the board briefly, etc.)

You should already know that I am one of the top students in the accounting class and I am also on my professor's good side, but that doesn't make him any good for me or for the others... and I finally hope I can get this successful without any trouble or risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment