Saturday, September 5, 2009

The End of The Road

Today, as some of you might know, was the last day of my Turkish language course, to be honest, I have learned alot in 4 weeks to the point that I can communicate in restaurants or shopping centers, it was also entertaining...didn't feel bored at all, my classmates were friendly (more than I expected) ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here I will list each and everyone of them and a glimpse of their personalities (just for the fun of it) :

1) Senim (Germany) : a talkative girl who flirts alot with us guys, aged 16 and the youngest of all.

2) Selim (France) : a non-English speaking guy who flirts with Senim at times, considered to be funny by his idiocy, was once kicked out after having an issue with a substitute tutor, aged 17, currently resides in Paris.

3) Han-na (South Korea) : Super-Friendly, Super-Generous, seems to have a problem controlling her voice's volume, I rely on her to send me our pictures and that is because she has a 999999 mega-pixel camera, those ones with a big scope. Aged 25, currently resides in Istanbul for 2 years of University.

4) Kemal-Jan (China) : a peaceful guy who has audio Koran in his mobile and likes to listen to the azaan although he is a non-Muslim, aged 21, resides in Istanbul for University.

5) Ishak (China) : Kemal-Jan's close friend, and his sister's boyfriend, an entertaining guy in all means, I had a good time exchanging my Saudi Riyals with Chinese Yuan, aged 23, currently resides in his country.

6) Maria (Russia) : a mysterious girl who doesn't like to get along with us, provided she didn't attend the last day which was the big and final uniting of us all, aged ?? , she resides in Moscow.

7) Luda (Ukraine) : being from Ukraine, she gets along with Maria pretty easily, likes to shre her opinions with us, has 9 cats , one of which is 7 kg (according to her). Aged 39, and is the eldest amongst us all, Resides in her country.

8) Kimberly (USA) : Outgoing, Clumsy, she is the only native English speaker in class, aged 20, currently on exchange, but lives in San Francisco.

9) Nadya (Ukraine) : with no doubt, she is the most fluent Turkish speaker amongst us all, I dont know why she attends the Level 1 course, preparing for her marriage soon, aged 28, resides in her country.

10) Deniz (Germany) : an English speaker, the funniest person you will ever come across, I enjoyed hanging out with him along with Kimberly, aged 27, studies photography in Bochum, Germany, and resides there.

11) Zahra (Iran) : I don't know much about this girl, she attended only for a week, she disappeared under unknown circumstances, nobody knows anything about her, and nothing has been heard of her since then, age is unknown, residence unknown.

12) Myself : Being the only Arab, and Muslim in class, felt weird fasting among the others, but everybody acknowledged my case, usually acting as the human dictionary for Deniz.

Our Teacher...

Ms. Elif (Turkey) : a bright, young woman, speaking English and Russian, very outgoing, aged 24, lives on the Asian side of Istanbul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the last day, we all had this unification party before everybody goes his own way, was alot of fun... I also had the pleasure to write there names in Arabic after I was forced to by them, I will sure miss these guys alot.

2 comments:

  1. That was cool :)
    Must have been fun! Where did you take your course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Sorry for the late reply, I took my courses in Tomer (Istanbul branch), its a widely known language institute.

    Thanks for reading,

    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete