Monday, September 28, 2009

Forgotten...

  Now that I arrived in Jeddah on the 12th of September, there seems to be alot of things that I miss about Istanbul and its people, and regrets are always by my side, that means that I was a bit oblivious about what going on there, and didn't care much for what will happen when I go back to Crapsville.

  So to clarify things I am gonna write a list of things I should have brought back with me, including souvenirs, pictures, and other miscellaneous.

- Penguin Comic Newspapers

  They are not actually newspapers, but those mini-newspaper like magazines that has drawings similar to that of the pages of comic books, those Penguin Newspapers usually give bad reviews of Turkish government and also portray Recep Erdogan.

  You might be wondering what I want of these, it might not be the fun of it, but mostly for me...not forgetting my Turkish and keep on reading.

- My iPod

  I am dying to know who stole my iPod, its priceless for containing tracks I don't even have on my PC...though there are many conclusions as to who or where it got stolen, those may include: class, Mosque, or pick-pocket masters on istiklal street...most probably being in the Mosque.

- Dating

  Now you know that I am not the type of guy who dates...I never did actually, and who doesn't get around with chicks alot, but before going there, I was hoping to get a chance from a good spot and from an interesting occasion (not from some random night club, hitch hikers or something shit).

  All in all, I enjoyed a hangout in a silent night that sees no moonlight with a girl named Pelin to Ortakoy and had some fried potatoe, playing chess with and American classmate and licking my own wounds.

- The Pamukcu Family

  My beloved Turkish neighbors, it was too sad for me meeting them at a late time and that is just 4 days before I went back, I really loved every family member and that was for there decency and there invitations to Iftar in my last day.

  Mustafa, being the root of all connections in the family, was the most religious teenager I came across in my stay, 24 years old, Chinese-speaking, was a good practice for my Turkish for the reason that he was unable to speak English, his brother's dream is to go for Hajj before he dies.

- Unfinished Business

  Nothing is more challenging than a game of chess with Fatih Ozcelik, ex room-mate and tourist guide, this guy is about my level in chess, our games go down to 30-40 minutes per game just to show how tight we play against each other... end score for all our combined games was 9-3 for my advantage.

  Fatih was also the center of fun in the first days of my arrival, until he got dismissed for some reason related to his tourism agency.

- Hacioglu & Taksim Lades

  Ever heard of Lahmmacun? it was my favorite dish of Turkish traditional food from Hacioglu fast food restaurants, cheap yet delicious...for Arabs reading this, it kind of resembles Safeeha...meat spread on a dough.

  Taksim Lades, the most restaurant I have visited in Istanbul...I had Iftar there every single day after being welcomed by the Turkish waiter who had a Cockney English-accent and later told me that he goes every winter to Nottingham *bending his head to his right*.

  These conclude all of the things I miss in Istanbul or the things I want them to be beside me now, I just hope to go there next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment