Sunday, August 23, 2009

In The Land of Dreams

My my my...its been ages since I last wrote my last post, since my birthday that is...you might say I was just losing taste in writing apart from that there is much on my shoulders nowadays.

I am finally here in my favorite country, enjoying my time and learning the language (not that hard, its learn-able.) . I live approximately 2 km away from the widely-known Istiklal street which literally has everything when it comes to clothing shops or restaurants and hit a whopping 3,000,000 visitors a day, that means its crowded 24/7 and you must walk while holding tight on your pockets...we are talking professional thievery here.

However, Its a complete cultural shock for me to see that no one fasts Ramadan here (except those from the poor neighborhoods), and it seems like any other day, my teacher is eating, my tourist guide, my Muslim classmates...nearly everyone, So I felt weird, and went by my own way...

Now, its been half way through my journey and I will be returning in 2 weeks, so its also 2 weeks left for my Turkish course...words cannot describe how cheap Istanbul is compared to other cities of Europe...I kid you not!

No pictures yet, sorry that I still couldn't upload them as my memory card reader failed.

Warmest Regards, and Happy Ramadan!

No comments:

Post a Comment