Friday, February 5, 2010

E as in Exceptional, a Nokia E52 Review

February 1st is the day I had about 1,100 SR since last summer, so I decided to cut down on Xbox 360 games and go check out some new phones, especially for someone who has a deceased phone like myself (Nokia 7610).

I wanted something that is all-purpose, compact, has Wi-Fi and not more than 1,100 SR. A couple of choices came up for me, the Blackberry Curve 8520, Nokia E52 and Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic, so lets put it this way... the BB is overly priced for its features though I could have bought it if I had 1,200 SR to spend on it just for the BB messenger and for its popularity (I get into stuff that's popular, unfortunately), the Nokia 5800 has about the same features of the E52 but a slower processor and a lower resolution rate but is 100 SR cheaper.

Finally, it came down to the E52, I grabbed this phone with relief..spent most of my budget, completely satisfied, so here comes the review ( for features, you can look up GSMarena.com, or the official Nokia website) :

Pros:

- Fast and enhanced processor.
- Long battery life.
- Wi-Fi, with a good range.
- Superb sound quality.
- No finger-magnet battery cover.
- Easy-to-use keypad.
- An option for editing Office documents.
- 3.2 MP camera with LED flash.
- Compact size
- FM radio with RDS support.
- 3G support.
- Quad-band GSM.
- N-Gage gaming support.
- Slim design.

Cons:

- Disappointing camera quality and video recording.
- The phone doesn't have a good feel when its in hand.
- the edges of the keypad lights in the dark between the buttons making it feel like the LED is missed up.
- doesn't charge off of USB cable.

A sample of E52's camera performance

Conclusion: This phone is a must have for all people who want a fast and reliable piece of artwork, and for those who don't use their cameras as much. Internet browser is ideal just if you want to browse through something quickly or check your inbox, its also available in 3 different colors: Black, Silver, White and Gold. I have the black one if you ask. so this is it for this review, feel free to contact me for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment